GOLF PITCH & PUTT IN CUSCO
Enjoy GOLF near CUSCO in the unique and exclusive Ecological Apacheta Pitch & Putt Golf course, par 3 of Andean Origins Tours and Sports in Urubamba, Pumahuanca, Sacred Valley, Cusco.
Peru now has a fascinating golf course near CUSCO, on the way to Machu Picchu, with he new Apacheta Pitch & Putt Ecological Golf, built on an area of agricultural terraces in the middle of a calm and pleasant natural field, listening to the song of the birds. and the soothing lullaby of flowing water from a nearby stream.
Pitch and Putt is an amateur sport very similar to and derived from golf, where the length of the hole is typically up to 90 meters; 2-3 clubs are used, and it consists of 9 or 18 holes (there are two holes in each green).
It is a very popular sport in Europe, especially in Ireland.
Pitch & Putt Golf is played in dozens of countries and has two governing bodies worldwide.
Apacheta It is the first Ecological Pitch & Putt Golf course in Peru, providing a sport and accessible experience, both to amateurs and golfers in the most tourist area in the country.
Its design has been in charge of Mario Canessa, an expert in golf tourism marketing in South America, and member of IAGTO (International Association of Golf Tour Operators) since 1998.
This challenging, quite complicated 9-hole short course, 435 yards long, or 868 yards if you play 18 holes (there are two holes per green), has been built on the terraces of an agrarian property in Pumahuanca ( Urubamba), with narrow fairways, framed by fruit plantations of pears, peaches, apples, capulis (andean cherry) and tumbos, as well as beautiful flowers, such as wild roses, hydrangeas and others.
The obstacles to be faced are sand bunkers near each green, water holes behind the first and third greens, a low natural stone wall (to green 2), a deep natural ditch bordering the right side of green 5, fairly narrow fairways, even through wooded areas, left or right dog legs that must be taken into account when approaching greens, as well as the drop of a terrace when reaching the green to hole 8 (or 17). If you want to play the 18 holes, you should start by playing the greens from holes 1 to 9, then play the 10th hole (on the first green), and so on.
Approximate distances in yards along the fairways of the 9 or 18 hole greens:
The total distance is 434 yards for 9 holes (or 868 yards for 18 holes).
Included in the service are:
- Bag to carry clubs, tees and balls.
- Three golf balls (additional balls can be purchased at the administration).
- Two tees.
- Towel to clean the clubs and balls
- Insect repellent and cream to relieve bites.
- Game card, pencil and eraser.
- General rules of the game.
- Use of a small putting green to train the synthetic grass surface of the greens.
Not included are:
- Transportation to the golf course and to the hotel in the city or in the valley if requested, with extra cost.
- A caddy to carry the bag of clubs and provide support during the game, to be requested in advance.
- Food in Urubamba (lunch, upon request if desired).
- Since our clubhouse is still under construction, we may only have one ladies and/or gents’ restroom. Some fairways still need to be improved. Take precautions. We appreciate your understanding.
- We recommend the use of pants and long-sleeved shirts, as well as gloves to protect you from the sun and mosquitoes, insects repellent, a hat and sunscreen.
WE ASK YOU TO COMPLETE A QUESTIONNAIRE AT THE END OF YOUR GAME. YOUR OPINION WILL BE VERY VALUABLE TO US TO IMPROVE THOSE ASPECTS THAT YOU MAY FIND REQUIRING FOR IT.
Thanks a lot for your understanding and cooperation.
The Administration of the Apacheta Pitch and Putt Ecological Golf Course, Pumahuanca, Urubamba, Cusco.