WELCOME TO TOUR
- Discover a New Species
- Canopy Tower
- Camera Trapping at a Mammal Clay Lick
- Life in the Rainforest
- Natural Construction Rooms
- Adventure in Nature
- Wired Amazon Science Lab
- Children´s Rainforest Trail
- Wellness Center
Our company is 100% committed to caring for the environment and the fauna of the place and to its conservation on each trip.
excellence in our services who are with you every step of the way. Eat local Peruvian food, trek the original Inca steps and do it all with the people that know!
our years of service to the Amazon tourism industry make us an agency with capacity and with the best services
This service is arranged just for you and your party has the advantage of adapting the pace to your physical condition, but also usually means enjoying all the archeological
Puerto Maldonado / Refugio Amazonas
Arrival from Cusco or Lima to Puerto Maldonado Airport and reception by guide. Our guides are biologists, tourism professionals, or community members. Unless noted otherwise, our guides speak English. We assign guides at 10:1 ratio. This means groups smaller than 10 people will be merged with other groups under one guide. If you would like a private guide or a guide in a language other than English please let us know.
At Refugio Amazonas
Canopy tower: A thirty minute walk from Refugio Amazonas leads to the 25 meter scaffolding canopy tower. A bannistered staircase running through the middle provides safe access to the platforms above. The tower has been built upon high ground, therefore increasing your horizon of the continuous primary forest extending out towards the Tambopata National Reserve. From here views of mixed species canopy flocks as well as toucans, macaws and raptors are likely.
Refugio Amazonas / Puerto Maldonado (Cusco or Lima)
Transfer Boat – Refugio Amazonas to Tambopata River Port.
Transfer Tambopata River pier to Puerto Maldonado headquarters.
Transfer Puerto Maldonado headquarters – Airport. We retrace our river and road
journey back to Puerto Maldonado, our office and the airport. Depending on airline
schedules, this may require dawn departures. (B)
- Programs based on double occupancy. Includes all meal, accommodations, and services, all river transportation, and transfer from and to the airport of Puerto Maldonado.
- Boat Transportation .-All our boats are 20 foot long, roofed canoes with 55 hp outboard motors. Daily arrivals and departures from every port are scheduled to meet every airline´s arrival and departure with a maximum two hour wait.
- We reserve the right to change the order of activities
- International or domestic airfares, airport departure taxes or visa fees, excess baggage charges, additional nights during the trip due to flight cancellations, alcoholic beverages or bottled water, snacks, insurance of any kind, laundry, phone calls or messages, reconfirmation of flights and items of personal nature.
- Natural Reserve entrance fee: USD 13, to pay straight at the control station
- A small rucksack
- Lightweight, tight weave long cotton pants & long -sleaved cotton shirts
- A fleece and a windbreaker are advisable for cool evenings
- Light raingear (poncho) for sudden downpours
- Sneakers or other low heeled walking shoes are essential
- Sunhat / glasses, sunscreen
- Insect repellent is a must,
- A water bottle
- Good binoculars and a flashlight or headlight
- Personal gear, toiletries, cameras,
- Your passport, yellow fever certificate and extra money in plastic bags
- A few energy snacks will be useful
- If you have extra large sized feet we may not be able to find rubber boots in your size for the muddy trails as they are generally not available in Peru, so please bring old shoes for the muddy trails.
People who stayed in this apartment, have only the best opinions about it.